Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Week of October 13-17

This week your blog post will consist of three quotations from your book and your own interpretation of their significance. As you read this week, record some passages that really grab your attention, and think about their greater significance to the book or the world. On Friday, you will choose three to publish on your blog.

Example:

Quote #1:
On page 151 of the Anonymous book Go Ask Alice the author writes, " I'm so boxed in I don't know what to do. Jan Sidled up to meas as I was walking down the ramp and whispered, "You better tell your little tail-wagging sister not to accept candy from strangers or even from friends, especially your friends."" This quote is important because the author has gotten into so much trouble because of her drug use, and now that she is trying to get out, her drug "buddies" are threatening to hook her sister unknowingly. It seems that no matter what she does, the narrator is in over her head and doesn't know how to reverse the poor decisions she has made in the past.

Quote #2:

Quote #3:

1 comment:

Brieleigh said...

omg, I absolutly loved that book. It was a wonderful book, i read it in 7th grade and wrote an essay on it and everything :D

The essay was supposed to be over a quote (what a coincedence) and I think I did the essay over a quote similiar to that one in the book.

Brieleigh